We are looking for a Lead C++ Software Engineer to be the technical conscience for one of our teams and help us build our BIM solutions.
Who are we
We are an inspired group of tech savvies who believe that designing, building and maintaining can be more efficient with sustainable buildings as a result. With that goal in mind, we develop advanced tools for BIM (Building Information Modeling). With BIM all stakeholders can work together more effectively because all information is stored in one integrated 3D (data) model, which can be used from design and build to maintain and operate. Worldwide we reach the top-100 construction companies and architectural offices with our software. A team effort we are proud of!
BIMcollab is our platform for BIM coordination, model checking, issue management, document management and asset management. We aim to improve the quality of 3D design models for buildings. Better 3D models lead to better buildings, so you contribute to making the built environment more sustainable with a smarter use of materials, less waste, and energy-efficient buildings.
Our tech stack
- Backend: C++ (17-20), Clang, MSVC.
- Frontend: C# WinForms, Objective-C, Cocoa.
- Tools: Azure DevOps, Conan, Google test, Jenkins.
About your role
As Lead Software Engineer at KUBUS you are responsible for the implementation and design of the desktop application and services of our platform. In your role you will translate user needs with the team to real working software. In addition, you guide and/or develop junior/medior engineers. A part of the Product Trio, with the Product Owner and the UX Designer, you contribute to the future success of our platform. You balance new development and architectural improvements with the other senior engineers in your team. You keep a close watch on security, software quality, and delivered business value.
Our development team consists of over 40 Engineers, Testers, Scrum Masters, and Product Owners, divided over six Scrum teams. We are diverse and international (we have over 20 nationalities at KUBUS!), and our working language is English. You are a member of one of the three Cloud teams.
What will make you succesful in this role
- You have vast experience (at least 5 years) working with C++ (11+).
- You have good knowledge of Design Patterns, SOLID principles, TDD and Clean architecture and you value an agile mindset.
- You have proven record of working with large-scale applications.
- You can mentor and help other Engineers grow or you would like to develop these skills.
- You have some experience with software optimization and algorithms.
- Knowledge and experience in 3D technology (OpenGL/DirectX/Computational geometry/GPU knowledge).
- Good grasp of frontend design patterns (MVVM and MVC).
We offer a challenging position with lots of variety and career opportunities. You work on an innovative platform that is used daily by the world’s largest building companies globally. We cherish continuous learning and improvement and take pride in our diverse and inclusive company culture. You can count on the following:
- A suitable salary depending on knowledge and experience between €4.609 and €7.488 gross per month.
- Profit sharing, on average 1,5 monthly salary or more.
- 27 vacation days with an opportunity to buy additional days.
- Above-average secondary employment conditions: generous pension scheme and employee participation ensure a great involvement of the employees.
- Green benefits: compensation for all green home investments, electrification of the vehicle fleet and a bicycle scheme.
- Plenty of room for personal input, initiative and independence and good development and training opportunities with a yearly learning budget of 1500 EUR.
- Contemporary extras such as a catered joint lunch, always fresh fruit.
- You work from home if you want, with 2 days a week in our nearly energy-neutral work environment at the office, located in the centre of Eindhoven (walking distance from the Central Station).
- A monthly home office allowance.
- Opportunity to work fully remote up to 4 weeks a year!
Do you recognize yourself in the above? Then apply immediately! Do you want to know more? Then take a look around at www.kubusinfo.nl and www.bimcollab.com. For questions, you can always call us at +31 (0)40 213 1950.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.